- Situated in the Indian State of Uttarakhand.
- Date of Travel: 06-09-2014
- Distance from Delhi: Around 300 km
- State of the Roads: Not too BAD. Tolerable.
The picture above would be the scenery that you would welcome you the moment you enter this hill station. This lake forms the epicentre and the city is built around it.
This place is near the lake and this forms the major market area of Nainital. Another notable thing in Nainital, is that polythene bags are totally banned and you will find only cloth bags everywhere.
The Top 5 Boat Rides in India:
- Thekkady (Kerala)
- Nainital (Uttarakhand) – The walk around the lake is highly refreshing.
- Kodaikanal (Tamilnadu) – Never miss the cycling & horse riding around the lake
- Ooty (Tamilnadu)
- Yercaud (Tamilnadu)
There might be much more hill stations with lakes, but the above are the ones that I have visited and I have a better idea of what they are all about. Nainital is the least polluted of all the chill stations and this city exhibits a “planned & laid out” construction. There will be regular inflow of water into the lake from the top through the canals constructed within the building surrounding the lakes. This city uses the nature in its actual form.
This view from the top (any taxi driver can take you here) is a must-see spot. This aerial view from the top would be so so good that you would need a solid 30-minutes to stand and gaze at this amazing piece of sight.